Camp Canadensis, located in the Pocono Mountains of PA, is a co-ed, residential summer camp for children ages 6-16. Join our team of motivated medical staff, including 6 nurses and a full-time doctor in residence. Our state of the art Health Center is equipped with air conditioning, private rooms, bathrooms, a nurses’ lounge, Wi-Fi, and cable. All meals are provided.
At Camp Canadensis, our goal is to create an environment that is emotionally, physically and socially safe for campers and their parents in a first-rate facility. Focusing on the individual needs of each child within a group living setting, our approach is to promote a community defined by tolerance and acceptance where campers feel connected to their surroundings while developing friendships that are sure to last a lifetime.
Camp Canadensis is currently seeking nurses.
- Triage and treat campers and staff during clinic hours
- Administer medication at meals and bedtime
- Care for inpatient campers and staff
- Pack and prepare medication for camper trips
- Manage electronic medical records
- Conduct inventory of supplies and place orders when necessary
- Communicate with parents when necessary
- Take on call on a rotation basis
- Build friendships that last a lifetime
- Enjoy all of the beautiful camp facilities
- Friendly, warm and nurturing
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with children preferred
- Must have current licensure in nursing (we will reimburse fees required to obtain Pennsylvania license) ‘
- All nurses receive generous time off during the summer.
Interested in working at Camp Canadensis?