Pinemere Camp, an overnight camp located in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. Pinemere is a dynamic community made up of campers, families, staff, and alumni from around the world. We set ourselves apart with our fun and welcoming environment, intimate cabin size, rustic setting, innovative programs, inclusive Jewish programming and by hiring and developing some of the best staff in camping. Our goal is to assist campers in building friendships, acquiring new skills, fostering their Jewish identity, and to have the BEST SUMMER, EVERY SUMMER!
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work with us during the summer at our facility in Stroudsburg, PA. This individual will report to our Nurse Manager and work with our Management team to provide excellent care to our campers and staff.
- Ensure Healthcare staff, campers and staff have a healthy and positive experience at Pinemere
- Assist with Healthcare Center Set Up
- Review Medical records of campers and staff
- Screen campers and counselors
- Manage medication for campers
- Attend to injuries
- Keep accurate, well-organized records
- Maintain the neatness and cleanliness of the Healthcare Center
- Schedule doctors’ appointments
- Prepare and distribute first aid kits throughout camp including camp vehicles, kitchen, offices, waterfront, and activity areas. Out-of- Camp trips also require first aid kits.
- Oversee medical information needed for activities away from camp
- Take on call night coverings as necessary
- Serve as a role model for campers and staff
- Communicate with Directors daily and with other administration, counselors and parents as required
- Communicate daily with Directors about conditions at camp including health of campers and counselors and other items related to safety and sanitary conditions.
- Liaison to local hospital and other medical offices
- Work with Nurse Manager and Business Manager to keep the Health Center stocked
- Current licensure in nursing and ability to obtain license to practice in Pennsylvania.
- First aid/CPR/AED certified
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to multi –task
- Ability to work on a team in a fast paced indoor/outdoor environment
- Ability to work cooperatively and closely with peers and other staff members
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working at a summer camp or at a school and/or non-hospital/clinical setting preferred
- Ability to commit to contract dates to be determined but which will include Healthcare Center set up, pre-Camp, Orientation and The Camp Season.
- Housing provided (private room and bathroom)
- Meals provided
- $1000 per week.
- Travel allocation available
- June 9 – August 12.
- Prefer candidate that can work entire length, but dates are flexible.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
It always has been and continues to be Pinemere’s policy that employees should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of unlawful employment discrimination. All decisions regarding recruiting, hiring, promotion, assignment, training, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, work-related injury claim, veteran status, political ideology, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. Individuals will be selected for promotion based on skill and ability.
Additionally, Pinemere prohibits unlawful harassment of its employees, applicants, or independent contractors in any form. Complaints of unlawful employment discrimination or harassment should be reported to the Camp Director or Board of Directors. In cases where investigation confirms the allegations, appropriate corrective action will be taken, regardless of whether the inappropriate conduct rises to the level of any violation of law. No employee will suffer reprisals for reporting any incidents of unlawful employment discrimination.
Interested in Camp Pinemere?